Sunday, June 9, 2024

Oops! A time traveller's error





 So, I had in my mind that I was going back to Sydney on the 13th. Didn't think to check the tickets. That is when I arrive back, but, of course, that means I have to leave here the day before. Bought tickets on the train leaving here on the 11th, thinking I didn't want to be late to the party, as I was in London, a couple of years ago. I would have had two nights inMadrod before flying out. But my flight leaves the morning of the 12th. However, that means I still have some time to make other arrangements in the case of electrical disasters on the line. 🤞! Because Ávila is a lot closer to Madrid--only an hour or so from there by road--than I was to London when the Gods  cut the transport.

So today dawned drizzly and cool.Perfect for me because I've already bought an umbrella and I have my trusty grey acrylic jumper of advanced  age. Nothing can stop me.

I've been shooting storks in the towers and a monastery. What else to do? 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Maria
    I love your photos of the Storks.
    So many Monasteries and churches. All magnificent.
    Please don't miss your flight. It's good you checked your tickets.
    I can just picture you wearing the grey jumper exploring and taking photos. I hope you are having fun.
    Love
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete