Monday, June 10, 2024

A Quiet Day staying by Las Leyendas


My accommodation is called Hotel Las Leyendas, and I'm staying close by here today, resting the Istanbul war injury, preparing for the afternoon of travel back to Madrid tomorrow. When I went out to get some more photos of the stork family this morning, my knee was giving my trouble again, so I decided to take it a bit easy today, stay put as much as I can.

Katya, the hotel receptionist is from Russia and speaks beautiful Spanish, at least as far as I can tell. She's been very kind to me, inviting me to sit in the breakfast room while I worked on my photos, told me to make myself tea, when I had to vacate my room so it could be cleaned. She's one of the few people I've had a conversation with in the last week. Feeling a little bit sola but that's how I travel. In fact, I don't really feel it so much here because the Spanish don't find my situation so unusual, I think. At least, they seem to treat me like any other customer. 





These are a few wildflowers I saw this morning on my way back to the hotel after my communion with the storks. 

Last night, I went out to see Ávila with the lights on the walls. I'm glad I did because I'm not sure I'll be able to do it tonight. Glad I didn't miss it. 







5 comments:

  1. Hello Maria
    That's not good about your knee. You have been doing a lot of walking.
    You will be home soon and you can rest and relax.
    Avila is such a pretty place. Love your photo of the Castle at twilight.
    Love
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sophie, Yes, I'll rest up when I get home. I think I may have to get a new knee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes good to give your knee a little rest surrounded by such beautiful scenery. The night photo is perfect.You are lucky that you are there and not here at Vivid Unexpected huge crowds have caused big problems as you can imagine.Chaos .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elizabeth, I was starting to worry about you because I haven't heard from you for a while. I just sent you a message on WhatsApp. Yes, I heard about the crush at Vivid, and the way the organisers tried to say: "Everything was going as per the plan. Nothing to look at here." Yes, last year I decided to only go on paid tours: fewer people, more enjoyable. I will go to the one through the Botanical Gardens when I get back.
    Look forward to my return.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Maria
    I hope You don't have to get a new knee. Maybe some rest like Elizabeth said.
    I will see you soon. Have a safe journey home.❤️
    Lots of Love
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete