Tuesday, May 21, 2024

My First Adventure (and I haven't left the airport yet)

 Amazing trip so far! It took 24 minutes to get to the airport, check in and go through security. . . that is, to go through security the first time. Wow! Must be some kind of a record. 

When I bought a bottle of water, I couldn't find my bank card (savings), only my credit card. And it costs too much to take out cash from a credit card 😖! Thought maybe I'd dropped the bank card in the taxi. Tried to call Alex, but of course, he had turned off notifications. He was "unavailable" to my phone calls.

By then I'd decided that I'd left the pesky little bugger in my walking bag. Yes, it was there, Alex told me, when he finally responded to my desperate WhatsApp messages. I managed to persuade him to call an Uber and transport my card. 

I went looking for someone to tell about the arrangement, but not so easy. After walking up and downstairs for a bit, I met a security guy, Jeremy. He told me that I'd have to walk out, past security and to departures. By that time Alex had arrived in an Uber.I passed another official, Jayden, who looked at my boarding pass and took my passport. 

I found Alex at Departures and he handed over the card. It only cost me two Ubers, some Maltesers and an Ubereats pizza. 

Bit of a wait until Jayden's mate would hand over my passport, then off I shuffled through security again. 

Here I am, though, sitting in a bench with still an hour and quarter before my flight leaves. They've picked up their game at Sydney Airport, I think. 

2 comments:

  1. Holly cow! It'd been a disaster going to Istanbul without your savings card! (I think...) I mean, it's much better having the two of them, savings and credit card.
    Thanks God Alex could help you out on time. It could've been even worst if you had noticed that right there in Istanbul....

    Breyner. (idk why it doesnt allow me to log my gmail account)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Maria
    Thank goodness you realised in time before you boarded the plane. Alex was wonderful to help out. It's good you got through to him.
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete