Tuesday, May 21, 2024

At Zayed International Airport, Abu Dhabi

A couple of hours left to wait for the flight to Istanbul and I couldn't have been dropped in a more interesting airport, if you like that kind of thing. You can see the money that's gone into it. It's massive, impressive, and, at least very early on a Wednesday morning, it's almost empty.

See what you think. . . Was going to add the photos, but. . .

The free wifi is not up to uploading photos to my blog, apparently. I don't know what the deal is with Telstra's roaming, which they have already charged me $10 for. Apparently that's not up to uploading photos either. Will have to send the photos by WhatsApp. We'll see if that works. 

Nothing to report about the first leg of the journey. Unpleasant as all aeroplane travel is in economy. My feet have swollen and I have to keep loosening my shoe laces because my left foot hurts. A small price. After I get to Istanbul and have a nap, I'm sure I'll bounce back. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Maria. What an annoying start to your trip but wonderful Alex came to your rescue. Airport photos are typical of what I imagine that part of the world is like. How is Istanbul? Not too hot I hope. Cool here. Needing to put on another layer of clothes. Saw Rangitāpua ( great grand daughter) yesterday.She’s here with her family for a week. Very cute. Full of energy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely that you get to see your great granddaughter. You are prolific! The weather in Istanbul is not too hot. We had rain and hail yesterday while I was out on the Bosphorus Cruise. Had to go downstairs to the sheltered area, but it cleared up later and I'll post some of the photos in my next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Maria
    Please look after yourself ❤️🙏
    I am well. I went to the Greek Festival on Sunday. There were so many people. I couldn't see much. There were lots Greek dancers performing.
    I hope you are having a lovely time.
    Love
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete