Wednesday, May 17, 2023

In a new state: Sinaloa. All Aboard!

Just arrived at the Fiesta Hotel in Los Mochis. Tomorrow morning, the tour will start. They're picking me up to take me to Topolobambo, but I'm not quite sure what/where that is. A little research necessary. 


I just got this screen grab from Wikipedia. Well, I haven't seen the sea for a while. And maybe there'll be seafood. Hotter than hell here. Grateful for the hotel's air-conditioning.  

Ok, I guess I'm going to brave the heat and see if I can get something to eat close to here. 

Oh, I wanted to tell you about the woman I met on the bus that was taking us to the plane this afternoon. Her name is Marcela and her daughter was with her, and her ex husband. I think they went to NY (or perhaps that's Mexico City; I may have missed a couple of details here and there) to pick up their daughter who has been studying dance in New York for two years. 

Well, Marcela offered me a lift to the hotel. They were all lovely: Marcela, the ex-husband, the daughter, the son. We kissed and exchanged phone numbers and here I am. 

Mexicans are great!


3 comments:

  1. Fiesta Hotel Los Mochis sounds like a movie setting. It’s wonderful how many friendly extroverted people you have met along the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the people I've met along the way have been wonderful. Everyone is so warm and friendly. A couple of the women I've met have said they want to do what I'm doing. Travel alone. I'm becoming a role model.

      Delete
  2. Hello Maria
    You are very brave. How wonderful that you are an inspiration.
    I don't like the sound of the heat there. At least there is aircon in the hotel.

    ReplyDelete