Saturday, May 6, 2023

San Cristóbal de las Casas

Here I am after a 12-hour bus trip from Oaxaca. I'm in a new state (Chiapas) and so far this trip I've been in three states. The bus journey was quite good: I had the two reclining seats to myself, no children on the bus, and thankfully, it was a new bus so the usual audio from non-stop action movies was not blasting through the bus all night. Those people who wanted to watch and listen plugged in earphones and I was able to sleep (I'm pretty sure). It was a 100% improvement on the plane trip. 

Yesterday I had some problems with the bank. I'm trying to pay for my trip on el Chepe, but the link they gave me wouldn't accept my banking details. I got the same message from the accommodation on Booking.com. They wanted another method of payment. I just paid, however, with my credit card here, so maybe they've got that sorted. I'll have to have another go when I finish this. 

I'm sitting now in the garden courtyard of the hospedaje La Estación. This is it below. My room won't be ready for a couple of hours, so I'll sit here and play on the computer. 



Here are a few photos taken over the last couple of days. The first is "Customer Service". The guy had a food stall on the opposite side of the street to the old lady and she must have signalled him, somehow (it was a very wide street) and he brought her snack over the road to her.




My waiter prepares the salsa to go with my lunch the other day. Lots of ingredients, including chapulines (grasshoppers). 



Well, they managed to put me in my room 1½ hours early, and here it is. 


And the view from here:

Ok, I'm off to the restaurant to get a coffee and something to eat.


1 comment:

  1. There is an old world charm to where your staying. Your room looks comfortable.
    I'm glad you managed to sleep on the bus trip. 9 hours is epic.

    ReplyDelete