Tuesday, April 25, 2023

In Mexico again!


 Finally arrived here in Mexico City after a 21 hour journey. The flight from Sydney to LA took 13 hours, during which time the seven or so children sitting in my vicinity screamed and cried, almost without pausing. When one stopped, another one started. That wasn't the worst though. One of the little darlings was kicking the back of my seat. I gave her and the mother a few dirty looks through the crack of the seats but the mother didn't take the hint, so I said: "Can you please stop your daughter kicking my seat? It's uncomfortable." I heard her explain to the child: "The lady in front is unhappy about you kicking her seat." Gimme a break. She should have said something like that the first time she saw it, and slapped her on the legs the second time. That would have given her the picture and I wouldn't have had to suffer for nearly 13 hours. 


However, I'm trying to put that behind me. Eduardo in reception has been really helpful about telling me where to eat around here, and other good advice. Got a new (Mexican) sim for the phone so I won't have the problems I had when I first arrived. For some reason, the Booking.com information about the place I booked was missing. I was trying to find the address on the internet, but the free wifi kept cutting out on me. 

I've already been out on my first photowalk around here. It's 7 pm and starting to get dark, but I'm so tired. I feel a little breathless, too. Probably due to the altitude of Mexico City and the fact that I haven't slept for 30 hours now. 


So, I'll make this a short one: I'm enchanted with the city. Here are a few photos from my short photowalk this afternoon. 


5 comments:

  1. Thank goodness you arrived safely. It's such a colourful city! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's impressive. Even overwhelming at times. But the people are generally friendly and warm.

      Delete
  2. Anne ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€April 27, 2023 at 9:51 PM

    So happy to hear from you Maria and it's so good you're safe & sound.
    Loved reading your blog and seeing your
    photos - enjoy ☺️
    We left the Gold Coast this morning after spending time with friends -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, so not yet in the Outback. Len is well? Give him my love. Where are you off to next?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully you are doing well and enjoying your trip.
    Our trip was up through Murrurundi, Inverell, Stanthorpe (on the granite belt) Boonah (on The Scenic Rim) -loved this countryside.
    This was a short trip on a mission delivering our friends ashes to his brother in Queensland. Back in the big smoke again, walked past your house yesterday, all looking good. Enjoy ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€

    ReplyDelete