Sunday, December 14, 2014

Waterlogged and Gin Soaked




Clouded over yesterday and has been raining steadily ever since. Thunder, lightning, the whole show. The mountain view from our room is a cloud view now.

I'm propped up at the empty bar at the Parador Hotel. All the other soaks must have left when the rain set in, so at least it's smoke-free. It's one of the only places in town where you can get a drink; I guess I landed on my feet at least as far as drowning my troubles.


We've been here over 24 hours now, and have just made one quick trip into the medina. We didn't see the Kasbah yesterday when it was open, and before it started raining, and today--Sunday--it was closed. Not that we wanted to go up there today. Far too wet. We went out to the square for lunch and sat in a leaky tent, just long enough to eat and get our feet wet in the stream that was running over the floor.

Tomorrow more rain is predicted, here and in Fez, where we have planned to go next. I know I'm not happy to go down that mountain road in a bus in the wet, so I think we'll stay at least one more night after tonight. I hope we manage to get to the Kasbah tomorrow, and do a bit of exploring in the medina.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Avenue Hassan II,Chechaouen,Morocco

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maria You sure are having a mixed bag of adventures. Loving the blogs, read them to Nina who is back living with us which is also a mixed bag. She said Alex looks like a champ.Love Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete