Saturday, September 25, 2010

Rundling down the Mall


Not impressed with the room in the Mercure Grosvenor in North Terrace. Depressing: papered over windows. No view to the street. Able to see at the edge of the paper a brick wall belonging to an adjacent building. Even the meagre natural light from that city canyon would be preferable to no natural light. But. . .let's not dwell on the negative. Why did I stay here? Lorraine, the agent told me it was opposite the station. It is, but it's not opposite Keswick Station, from which the Ghan leaves.

Last night had a wander down Hindley Street. Was following the map,looking for Rundle Mall and all the restaurants. (Another thing that I've discovered doesn't improve with age are my map-reading skills.) I was headed in the opposite direction. Hindley Street is the red light district,I found out.

Dinner in a Malay-Thai restaurant promised to blow my head off, but they gave me the tourist version. Still pleasant but no excitement.

Sitting on the Ghan right now, getting ready to leave Adelaide.

No comments:

Post a Comment