Saturday, September 25, 2010

I know I'm getting old when. . .

the excitement of the journey incapacitates me.

I'd planned a journey to the Northern Territory so that I wouldn't be sitting home alone, thinking of my son, away in Spain for three weeks. I wanted to take photos of that red earth and deep blue sky. (Emus charging across sand dunes icing on the cake, if I managed to shoot some.)

Bought an iPad, thinking that I could upload my photos on the run. No, I discovered, I'd need a camera connection kit. They hadn't arrived in Sydney yet, but they should be there within a month. I waited and bought the iPad and the kit. Ready to blog now and upload wonderful images of the outback to Flickr as I take them.

But I seem unable to cope effectively with the excitement of travel now: can't think straight, can't move fast enough. I left my camera connection kit in the drawer when my friend showed up to drive me to the airport. So, this is my boring blog from Adelaide, without a single image to break up the text.

(I could go on for an eternity, but it's so hard to type on an iPad keyboard.)   

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment